Social media engagement and content creation are in high demand from large and small businesses alike.
Whether you are looking for tools to boost your own business or looking for a job in the industry with a larger company, learning the best 25 tools for website content creation will help you succeed.
Content creation is about writing, so developing your skills as a copywriter is vital.
But don’t forget, content optimization is now a necessary step of content creation in 2021.
Understanding how developing tools and software work can help you succeed in achieving your goals. Lots of options exist in today’s market; using a combination of resources, you can produce excellent and compelling website content.
Discover how to publish in seconds, not hours
Sign up now to get exclusive access to Wordable, along with and find out how to upload, format, and optimize content in seconds, not hours.
Table of Contents
Improving your skills
Copywriting is a critical skill that generates website content. Usually, copywriting includes drafting marketing and promotional materials for products or services and can encourage targeted demographics to take a particular action.
Developing copywriting skills bolsters the advertising and marketing of your business. From sales brochures to emails to newsletters, copywriters must be versatile.
Optimizing language pulls viewers to your web page and encourages people to engage with your content.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) can promote growth and allow your brand to soar to the top of search engine results.
- Publishing content management systems (CMS) can streamline your content production.
A CMS helps creators publish website content and allows collaborators to create, edit, and publish other work.
Wordable makes writing and publishing your content incredibly easy, whether it’s to WordPress, HubSpot, or Medium. With easy document and HTML retrieval from Google Docs and with no coding required, Wordable takes care of the little, yet annoying details.
Wordable works for agencies, writers, and editors as well as publishers. With lots of new integrations such as Shopify, BigCommerce, and Wix coming soon, Wordable allows you to focus on the most important thing – the writing process.
- Easy to set up and to use
- Lots of upcoming integrations
- Might be a bit pricey for some
- Solo: $49/month, 50 exports, 1 user, 3 sites
- Team: $99/month, 100 exports, 5 users, 5 sites
- Business: $199/month, 200 exports, 10 users, 15 sites
- Agency: $399/month, 400 exports, 25 users, 40 sites
- Enterprise: $999/month, 1,000 exports, 100 users, 100 sites
WordPress is a great content creation system for those who are interested in starting a blog. The software is user-friendly and reasonably priced.
Some of the benefits of choosing and using WordPress are the available templates to spark content creation. The software provides features to help bloggers create and share their work.
- Free plan offers enough to start a robust blog or homepage
- Selection of plugins to customize your site
- Tailored more for blogs than other types of website
You can’t go wrong with the free plan on WordPress, but as you build your site, you might want to upgrade.
- The Personal plan is $4 a month, includes a domain name, and removes all WordPress ads.
- The Premium plan is $8 a month and includes more layout themes and the ability to upload videos.
- If you’re using WordPress to host your business, you can choose the Business plan at $25 a month or the eCommerce at $45 a month. Both will let you earn revenue from ads and access Google Analytics to build your platform.
Ghost CMS is an open-source publishing platform fitting for content marketers, podcasters, and small businesses. Ghost’s benefits include writing blog content using a clean interface, publishing and disseminating information in more locations, and creating revenue from membership.
- Can be downloaded to your desktop to manage multiple sites
- Has built-in email marketing to reach subscribers
- Has one basic free theme, so you have to buy anything different
- Start with Ghost’s 14-day free trial to ensure the platform will work for you. If you work alone and have an audience of 500 or less, the Starter plan is $9 a month.
- If you need more capacity, the Creator plan allows two admin users and an audience of up to 1,000 for $25 a month.
- You can also opt for the Team account for five staff members for $50 a month. The Creator and Team accounts will cost more per month if your audience grows to more than 1,000.
Webflow is a website builder with a high level of content customization. This platform is ideal for people who do not want to engage in coding but want a customizable platform.
Webflow has a range of templates, dynamic content, and high levels of customization. Compared to other software on the market, you might find it challenging to use.
- Visual coding lets you edit on the page instead of the backend
- Customizations are drag and drop for ease of use
- More expensive than other options
Start building for free on Webflow and see if you like the layout before paying. When you make an account, your site goes live.
- Basic sites range from $12 to $36 a month and offer a domain, 100 pages of content, and over 50 GB of bandwidth.
- Webflow also has eCommerce plans to run your business online. They start at $29 a month for Standard, $74 for Plus, and $212 for Advanced.
Medium is a standard blogging portal and content management system. The creators of Medium said it was “designed for little stories that make your day better and manifestos that change the world.”
- The site creates SEO and metadata for you
- Easily allows you to republish your articles to reach more people
- Hard to grow a devoted audience on such a big site
It’s free to create an account and publish on Medium. You can make money from views with a free account as well. But if you want to view more than three stories a month, you’ll need a membership.
- Memberships are $5 a month or $50 a year. You get access to every story posted on the site with no ads or paywalls.
Include amazing visuals
Written content is more impactful if it includes visuals. Using photographs, various illustrations styles, infographics, or other media catches the reader’s eye. Adding visuals, especially embedded videos, to your webpage benefits your ultimate mission.
If you are working to sell a service or a product, storytelling is a persuasive selling tool. Videos convey that narrative to consumers and keep visitors on your webpage longer.
Vectornator is graphic design software that supports a variety of different file formats, including .vectornator, .fig, .svg, .pdf and .ai.
- An easy to use but powerful tool to create all kinds of vector art, mockups, and beautiful lettering
- Easily work on designs across devices, from app to desktop
- Only accessible on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
Vectornator is completely free to download and use.
Visme is a data presentation and visualization instrument that supports creating compelling content by converting it into visually appealing portrayals and infographics.
- Templates let you easily create professional graphics
- Add audio and video for interactive presentations
- No way to switch rulers from pixels to inches, which can cause print confusion
Visme has a free option with about 80% of the tools accessible. The most basic plan is $25 a month. It gives you five projects and up to 100 MB of storage.
The business plan is $49 a month and gives you additional projects and downloads, along with charts, analytics, and customer support. If you sign up for an annual plan, you get four months free.
Embed.ly is a compilation of tools that allow users to preview links and videos on web pages. It enables consumers to target their content, implement custom advertising, and engage end-users.
- Ensures your media displays correctly across platforms
- Autoplay will keep your audience on your page for a longer time
- A steep learning curve for new users
Start with a free trial to ensure Embed.ly is right for you. After that, it’s just $9 a month for a basic account. Developers can pay $99 a month to get access to more native embeds and URLs per second.
Figma is a vector graphics editor and web-based prototyping tool. It focuses on user interface and user experience design with a stress on instant team collaboration. Figma is ten years old but has recently picked up steam as a leader in content creation.
- Past projects are stored for 30 days for easy access
- Allows you to collaborate with team members in real-time
- Only available online—can’t download software for offline use
Figma has a free version of their software which includes unlimited drafts.
- If you decide to upgrade, a professional account is $15 a month and an organization account is $45 a month. This allows you to share libraries with multiple users.
Included on the Canva website are templates, graphics, stock photos, and various typography. The website allows you to download visual creations in multiple formats and offers a direct to print option.
- Easily create professional-looking ads, flyers, and presentations by clicking and dragging
- Gives you complementary color options based on template and graphic elements
- The layout is a little cluttered and overwhelming depending on screen size
- Canva is free to use, with access to hundreds of templates, fonts, and design elements.
- Upgrading to Pro for $12.99 a month gives you additional templates, access to more stock photography, and professional graphics.
A content manager develops a brand identity for a business. They establish its online presence by overseeing marketing strategies and engaging customers. Software exists to streamline workflow and to manage content creation more effectively.
Using Trello and Confluence can lead to effective management through collaboration. Trello identifies who is assigned to projects and what is currently active. Confluence creates a broader strategic vision and long-term goals.
Using these systems together helps managers develop tactics to accomplish goals.
Asana improves collaboration among team members and streamlines project management. Teammates can collaborate by chatting and updating timelines in Asana.
The basic Asana plan is free and allows individuals and teams to experiment with project management software. The premium version is only $11 monthly. Asana offers timelines, universal reporting, templates, and task automation.
Airtable is an online collaboration tool that is easy to use. It manages projects, tracks inventories, aids event planning, and helps content managers encourage teamwork.
Airtable can format information into readable data using forms. Managers can collect data from co-workers, clients, or the public. It recently launched mobile apps for both iPhones and Androids.
Notion is online software where you can take notes, add tasks, and manage projects. From product development to design and sales, Notion has tools for every manager’s needs.
It offers a free personal plan to help individuals write more concisely and process thoughts more quickly. This all-in-one workspace is also perfect for teams working from home or using a hybrid model where some team members work from an office.
Conceptualization and framing
In a content creation sphere, conceptualization based on user intel is essential for effectiveness. The creator should craft content to solve a consumer’s problem.
Framing aims to influence the audience to make a particular choice based on how they interpret information.
Keyword research is the method of discovering and examining search terms from search engines, like Google or Bing. Sales, marketing, and SEO use this research for improved sales and efficiency.
Keyword research can target new readers or clients. Understanding what types of questions your potential clients are asking can help you shape website content to appeal to a particular consumer base.
Ahrefs is a tool for discovering backlinks and reviewing SEO analysis. Additionally, it will examine your website for common SEO issues and can keep a check on long-term SEO health. With rank tracking and site exploration, Ahrefs is an excellent framing tool.
- Automatically researches competitors and gives you the data
- Set up alerts for backlinks, web mentions, and shifting of keyword rankings
- Hard to use until you adjust to the learning curve
With four levels of plans and pricing, every team will be able to use Ahrefs as needed. The Lite plan is perfect for one user, while the Agency plan can host a group of up to five users.
- Plans range from $99 to $999 if you pay monthly. Consider paying upfront for a year so you’ll get a discount of two free months.
BiQ is a complete SEO suite that administers content optimization, keyword statistics, and rank tracking to increase website visits. BiQ effectively optimizes keywords in blog posts and automatically selects keywords.
After you have conceptualized and framed the idea for content, BiQ works within your parameters to find keywords that tie consumer questions to your solution. BiQ works hand in hand with content creators to ensure effective outreach.
- Analyzes keywords and offers content creation ideas to level up your site
- The Pay-as-you-go model saves you money over time
- Slow loading time often freezes up while delivering results
- BiQ’s Growth plan is $55 a month and gives you 250 keyword searches.
- Advanced is $85 a month with 500 searches
- Professional is $115 a month with 1000 searches. You can get two months free if you pay annually.
Answer The Public is a keyword tool that reflects search questions and autocompletes searches. The data provided by Answer The Public ensures the content responds to related inquiries.
- Generates useful phrases and questions around your keyword for each search
- The free plan lets you try the service with limited daily searches
- Keywords only give content ideas without additional metrics
- Answer The Public’s monthly plan is $99, but you can switch to annual to save $20.
- The enterprise plan is $399 a month with personal onboarding and education packages. All plans allow unlimited searches, CSV exports of results, customer support, and listing alerts.
Semrush improves online visibility and identifies marketing acumen. Generated reports help marketers optimize SEO, keyword research, content marketing, and campaign management.
Copywriters will learn which specific phrases are most searched in a particular topic and can include those words in their content.
- All plans include keyword tracking, backlink analytics, and content marketing
- The keyword gap analysis shows you what you’re missing but competitors use
- Some discrepancies between stats on the backlink analysis that requires more research
- Semrush offers three tiers of plans: Pro, Guru, and Business, ranging from $119 to $449 a month. Paying annually gives you a 17% discount.
- Keyword searches are limited depending on which plan you choose.
Moz has an excellent reputation as a leader in SEO and tracks across multiple search engines, including Yahoo and Bing. Additionally, Moz offers recommendations on keywords, personalized training on MozPro features, and 24-hour online support.
- Shows you how visitors found your site
- All plans provide access to the MozBar SEO toolbar and tracking across search engines
- The site is hard to navigate due to a single dropdown menu
- Moz offers free SEO tools like a keyword explorer and domain analysis, but you get more if you sign up for a plan.
- After a free 30-day trial, Moz Pro is $99 a month, or $79 a month if you pay for a year upfront.
Today, content (Optimization) is king
Optimizing content at every stage can produce high-quality results. Creating, supporting, and maintaining premium content is a heavy lift, so collecting and interpreting data can help you organize and optimize.
Frase investigates your target keyword’s top search results and compares them to competitors to strengthen your content. Frase generates a content score for your work and offers suggestions about how to add keywords to your writings.
- Shows you keywords, LSI words, and the ideal length for all content
- Constantly adds new features to upgrade your experience
- Glitches crop up in the newer features
Frase offers three types of plans, Basic, Team, and Enterprise.
- While Enterprise requires a custom quote, Basic is $44.99 a month and Team is $114.99.
- All plans include unlimited sharing, document credits, and artificial intelligence writing assistance. The main difference is the number of users and document credits you may need.
Clearscope works to create relevant content. With the stated aim of driving organic visits to your website, Clearscope believes that content should be more than simply readable or sharable; instead, it should answer the question at hand.
- Includes both Google Docs and WordPress plugins for easy integration
- Support is very responsive and helps with onboarding
- Plans are more expensive than other platforms
- Clearscope starts at $170 a month for its Essentials plan and $350 for the Professional plan.
- Both include everything a content creator needs to optimize a minimum of twenty pieces of writing per month.
- The Professional plan will include capacity for more users and access to the keyword research tool.
In addition to keyword research, BiQ also works well for content optimization. One benefit is now BiQ works with old content to create more evergreen products.
When web page content is evergreen, the views will continue to occur, making your content relevant and aiding in disseminating your product or services to a vast audience.
- Allows you to see keywords competitors are using so you can outrank them
- Content is analyzed as you write it
- Keyword analysis seems limited compared to other systems
- BiQ has three plans: Growth, Advanced, and Professional.
- They range from $55 to $115 a month, with a discount for paying for a year in advance. Their plans include content optimization with no additional charges.
Are AI writing tools useful?
Artificial Intelligence writing tools help content creators save time. GPT-3 writers have advanced so complete copies of advertisements, emails, guest post pitches, and other content are easily created with artificial intelligence.
Choosing an AI writing tool can be challenging depending on your business’ workflow and particular niche. AI tools exist to help the copywriter, not replace them, so understanding which software is best helps you choose which program you need.
Conversion.Ai uses AI to draft copy for increased conversions and higher return on investment. Jarvis, the company’s online assistant, helps content creators accomplish tasks and tailor content to reflect a brand’s identity.
The company offers some templates, but its selling point is Jarvis’s intelligence and writing skills.
Rytr is an AI writing assistant that automatically drafts content. Customers who use Rytr believe that content generation is superior to other services because the words and sentences are well-structured.
Rytr offers a free option or a plan with unlimited words per month.
NeuralText streamlines SEO content creation and copywriting. The program provides insight regarding relevant topics. NeuralTest streamlines the drafting process and the creative writing process.
Writesonic is an AI writing tool with an easy-to-use interface. The price point is the lowest on this list. It offers a trial period so that new users can test the software. The generated content consistently passes plagiarism detection tests.
Choose the best options for personalized content creation
With so many options for optimizing content creation, it might be hard to find the best fit for your business. Adding software, artificial intelligence drafting, and visuals can bolster views, increase sales, and build a client base.
Content creation begins with an individual, so copywriting and framing content is vital.
Tools for website content creation support individuals with building a business, starting a blog, or visually supporting a marketing project.